Monday, May 5, 2008

April Perfect Post Award!

Well, color me appreciative! One of my favorite bloggers, a sister DC Metro Mom, awarded me a Perfect Post award for April for my education rant, Why So Much Testing and So Little Love of Learning? I've met this mama live, and I can vouch that she's as hilarious in person as she is online. To introduce my post, Jessica wrote, "Her words stay with me days after she publishes and inspire me to make daily changes towards greener living." Awwwwww! Reason to keep blogging much?!


You h
ave to check out A Parent In Silver Spring even if you don't live in DC much less MoCo. Her acronym (APISS) might give you a hint about her sense of humor. Half of what she writes is just hilarious mommy-blogging, and half is her public service to the DC community (those former teachers!), an attempt to help us all connect and find meaningful activities to do with our families. Check out her post on what to wear this summer, as it contains the worthy sentiment: "So please, join me ladies in loving our lady lumps and bumps, not commiserating about where we'd like a little more and where we need a little taken off the top. Let's just strap on our tennies and move, kiss the mirror, pass the Corona and enjoy our damn summer." Cheers to APISS! Thanks so much for the shout out.

If you're hankering for some other fine blog-reading, check out the other Perfect Post winners. I'm heading on over there now....

4 comments:

Minnesota Matron said...

Congratulations on the award! Now I need to read the post. But as an educator, I am all about the love of learning over the test score. We're sending our kids to a hippy dippy public Montessori school to do just that. I'd rather they get strong and curious in their early years.

Lumpy and bumpy, signing off as. . .

amy turn sharp said...

congrats!!!!!!!! You rock!

wrekehavoc said...

yay! congrats!

but me, i like a lot of your posts. pretty much all of them. and i'm not even related to you :-)

Mrs. G. said...

Yay for you!